Thursday, July 14, 2011

Winnie the Pooh!

In celebration of the new Winnie the Pooh movie opening tomorrow (and in lieu of going to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2), I am going to re-read this book. And also watch Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin. If Harry Potter wasn't consuming every single theatre in the country tonight, I would be trying to see the Winnie the Pooh movie at midnight. But, alas, Harry Potter is obviously more important...


Title: Winnie-the-Pooh
Author: A. A. Milne (with decorations by Ernest H. Shepard)
Year Published: 1926 (yeah, that's right. Winnie the Pooh has been around for ALMOST A CENTURY)
Synopsis: Pooh and friends go adventuring. Seriously, I'm not giving you a full synopsis. This book has been around since 1926, if you don't know the synopsis by now, shame on you.

Why?: Because Winnie-the-Pooh is awesome, the movie comes out tomorrow, and because I'm protesting Harry Potter.

Expectations: I've already read it, I don't have any new expectations lol

Judging a book by its cover: Pooh and friends are on the cover. It's going to be awesome. Again.


And yes, I am a rebel. Forget Harry Potter and "the end of an era", Winnie-the-Pooh is timeless.


--Ashley


From Pooh's Grand Adventure:

 Pooh: You are just in time for the best part of the day! 
Christopher Robin: What part is that? 
Pooh: The part where you and me, become we!




No comments:

Post a Comment