Monday, August 1, 2011

The People of Sparks... are on hold.

I wanted to finish this book before I started my book for August, but I just can't get into it. I'm not even 10 pages into it, and I honestly have no motivation or interest in continuing to read it right now.  The story is very slow, and I feel like all of the characters are ridiculously annoying. 


I mean, I know it's got to be hard for the Emberites to transition from living underground to living above ground, and the people of Sparks are angry because they can barely take care of themselves but they can't just throw these crazy people from underground out to fend for themselves... But I feel like everyone just complains too much. And there's not really any plot. It's definitely not the "riveting sequel" that it claims to be.


So, for the time being, the People of Sparks are being put on the back burner. I'm going to start reading my August book while I try to forget how boring The People of Sparks is so that I can have another book for Paul to read when I see him again in a week or so. 


Stay tuned for more about the People of Sparks! Eventually...




--Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment