Thursday, February 2, 2012

Ashley's February Book: Everneath



Title: Everneath
Author: Brodi Ashton
Year Published: 2012

Synopsis: Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath, where immortals Feed on the emotions of despairing humans. Now she's returned - to her old life, her family, her friends - before being banished back to the underworld... this time forever.

She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can't find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.

Nikki longs to spend these months reconnecting with her boyfriend, Jack, the one person she loves more than anything. But there's a problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who first enticed her to the Everneath, has followed Nikki to the mortal world. And he'll do whatever it takes to bring her back - this time as his queen.

Why?: This book has been on my "Recommended for You" list on Amazon for like 3 months. And every time I clicked on it to look at it, I wanted it a little bit more. Then, I was in Books-A-Million one day and for some reason they had it before it was supposed to be released. And then I was set on getting it eventually. So, here we are, and now I'm finally going to read it! Only a week after it came out too!

Expectations: I'm really expecting a lot from this book, even though it's Ashton's debut novel so I have no idea how she writes. A modernized Persephone story? That just has to be epic. Please don't let me down, Brodi Ashton.

Judging a book by its cover: From the cover, the only thing I can tell is that a girl will be important, and it looks like she's walking out of the fog or raising from the ground. And maybe the color red will play a pretty big role. I love this cover though, I think it's so pretty and elegant. It's one of the things that kept me coming back to this book until I finally bought it.



--Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment