Saturday, May 26, 2012

Paul's The False Prince Review



Title: The False Prince
Author: Jennifer A. Nielsen
Publication Year: 2012

I first saw this book at the book store and it intrigued me. I hadn't seen it on Amazon before. After looking into it, it seems than it bridges the gap between middle grade and young adult fiction. I purchased it nonetheless.


This book took me some time to get into, although I read it in less than 24 hours. I didn't really get into this book until the big reveal, which took place in a very confusing way. It might have been that I was reading this in the wee hours of the morning, but the point of view changed for about a chapter. I understand why Nielsen did it, but it didn't flow to me.


Once I got past the reveal, the story really drew me in. All the characters had depth. There was no absolute good or bad. Everyone was an inbeteeen grey. I like when you are unsure whether someone is a villian or a hero.


I look forward to reading the sequel now that I know these characters and the world they live in. I give this book a 3/5.



-PAUL


No comments:

Post a Comment