Sunday, July 8, 2012

Eona



Title: 
Eona
Author: Alison Goodman
Year Published: 2011

Synopsis:   Eon has been revealed as Eona, the first female Dragoneye in hundreds of years. Along with fellow rebels Ryko and Lady Dela, she is on the run from High Lord Sethon's army. The renegades are on a quest for the black folio, stolen by the drug-riddled Dillon; they must also find Kygo, the young Pearl Emperor, who needs Eona's power and the black folio if he is to wrest back his throne from the selfstyled "Emperor" Sethon.

Through it all, Eona must come to terms with her new Dragoneye identity and power and learn to bear the anguish of the ten dragons whose Dragoneyes were murdered. As they focus their power through her, she becomes a dangerous conduit for their plans....

Why?: I read the first book in the duology, Eon: Dragoneye Reborn a while back. I was interested in how the story continues, and have been waiting for Paul to this book so we could finish the series.

Expectations: I expect this book to be more epic than the first. Eona is trying to embrace her womanhood, and I expect her to have some issues dealing with that and trying to overcome everything she was taught. I think there will also be some problems with the dragons, since most of the Dragoneyes are dead. I also expect the story to be wrapped up in this novel, since there aren't any more books in the series. Oh, and long chapters. Even though I hope they aren't as long as they were in Eon, I think they'll still be longer than I like.

Judging a book by its cover: A girl, who I assume to be Eona, stands facing an entire army with just two swords. I feel like there will be an epic battle, and only Eona will be able to fight. Perhaps she can summon her dragon to help her (although it's said that Dragoneyes cannot use their power for war), or maybe she can only use those two swords to fight. Either way, the cover is epic and I expect the story to be epic as well.


--Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment