Monday, July 16, 2012

Paul's Shadow and Bone Review



Here is my video review where I make recipes that can be found on Leigh Bardugo's website




I'm going to try and do these fun reviews pretty regularly. The goal is to do something interesting that pertains to the novel during each review.


My Pre Reading


I really liked "Shadow and Bone" by Leigh Bardugo. Ravka is a very interesting world with a unique, but Russian influenced, feel. It is inhabited by Grisha, who each have special abilities. Some control the elements.  Others can heal people or stop their hearts. Their leader is The Darkling. 


Bardugo did a good job of making the characters feel real. There were many grey characters and characters with unknown agendas. The minor characters were well rounded. 


The artwork both on the cover and within the book is beautiful. I really like the map. It sets the mood for the novel. The Unsea's volcra illustrations are creepy, but they give a good image to the reader.


I am looking forward to the next book in The Grisha Trilogy, Seige and Storm. I want to see more of The Apparat, David, and Baghra. 


I give this novel a 5/5. If you like Young Adult Fantasy, this is a must read! 


-PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment