Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Incarceron by Catherine Fisher - Paul's PRE READING

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads


Title: Incarceron
Author: Catherine Fisher
Year Published: 2010

Synopsis: Incarceron is a prison so vast that it contains not only cells, but also metal forests, dilapidated cities, and vast wilderness. Finn, a seventeen-year-old prisoner, has no memory of his childhood and is sure that he came from Outside Incarceron. Very few prisoners believe that there is an Outside, however, which makes escape seems impossible.

And then Finn finds a crystal key that allows him to communicate with a girl named Claudia. She claims to live Outside- she is the daughter of the Warden of Incarceron, and doomed to an arranged marriage. Finn is determined to escape the prison, and Claudia believes she can help him. But they don't realize that there is more to Incarceron than meets the eye. Escape will take their greatest courage and cost more than they know. 

Why?:  I tried to read this before a few years ago. I got about halfway into the book and then had to put it back on the shelf. Everything about this book sounds like something I would absolutely love: fantasy, dystopia, and sci-fi. The idea of the book also intrigues me so much. I'm not exactly sure what the reason was I couldn't keep reading it. It could have been unrelatable characters, the pacing, or the writing style. I am willing to try again, though. I have heard good things about this book from others. I read a lot more a lot more often now than a few years ago so I think I'll be able to finish it.  

Expectations: I'm expecting an interesting blend of sci-fi and fantasy. I'm hoping for a mystery that is revealed in a really cool way. 

Judging a book by its cover:  I really like this cover. The key is so intriguing. I like the colors and the mix of leaves and mechanics in the background. The font of the title is also really cool. 

-PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment