Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Saga (Volume Two) - Paul's Review

*I received this book as an eARC from Image Comics on NetGalley in exchange for a fair review*


Title: Saga (Volume Two)
Author: Brian K. Vaughn and Fiona Staples
Year Published: 2013

Amazon | Goodreads


My REVIEW of Saga (Volume ONE)

Upcoming Release Date: Tuesday July 2, 2013

Synopsis: The smash-hit ongoing epic continues! Thanks to her star-crossed parents Marko and Alana, newborn baby Hazel has already survived lethal assassins, rampaging armies, and alien monstrosities, but in the cold vastness of outer space, the little girl encounters something truly frightening: her grandparents!


Collects Saga issues #7-12 

Review: I have been reading this series as each issue comes out. When I saw Image Comics had the trade paperback compilation of volume two, I had to get it and review it. 



Brian K. Vaughn and Fiona Staples continue this great story. The characters all have such depth. I like how in this volume we got to see how different characters interacted with each other when they were split from the main group.  

The world even continues to grow bigger, taking us to different planets and introducing us to many new interesting characters. I love the complexity of the artwork. It's fun to find things in the background. It reminds me of the Cantina Scene from the first Star Wars movie. 

This volume was really great, but I didn't feel like it really came to any close. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of issue 13! I give Volume Two a 4/5.


-PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment