Friday, August 9, 2013

Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi, Vol. 2: Prisoner of Bogan - Paul's REVIEW

***I was provided an ecopy of this graphic novel by Diamond Book Distributors via NetGalley in exchange for a fair review***

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

My Review of VOLUME ONE

Title: Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi, Vol. 2 — Prisoner of Bogan
Author:  John Ostrander
Year Published: 2013

Synopsis: Xesh, a mysterious alien warrior, is enthralled with the madman Daegen Lok and his obsession with conquering known space. Hunter teams are dispatched by the Je’daii to stop Lok and save the misguided Xesh, but they’re not alone. Xesh’s former masters have sent their own hunter—with orders to kill! Collects Dawn of the Jedi: Prisoner of Bogan #1-#5.


Review: I am a big fan of John Ostrander's Star Wars comics. This is the second graphic novel volume in the Dawn of the Jedi series. This series takes place even long long longer ago, still in a galaxy far far away. 


I like that this graphic novel continues this interesting story. Since I was already familiar with the characters, it was easier to jump into the world. There are multiple arcs, but I found them easy to follow. There was a feeling of building up in this volume. I am excited to see where this is leading to. 

One cool thing about the Dawn of the Jedi series is that the Sith and Jedi aren't established, so the world is a lot more grey. There's a lot of play with the light and dark side and the balance between them. And balance is what Star Wars is all about. 

I always love the details in Star Wars comics. They manage to capture what I like the most in Star Wars movies: the background. So many interesting details can be found behind the main action in each panel. The art in both the forefront and background is beautiful. 

I give this graphic novel a 4/5. I can't wait for volume three! If you haven't read the first volume, go get it! Or, go get the first issue from your local comic shop!



-PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment