Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Runaway King (Ascendance Trilogy #2) by Jennifer Nielsen - Ashley's Pre-Reading

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: The Runaway King (Ascendance Trilogy #2)
Author: Jennifer Nielsen
Year Published: 2013

My The False Prince Review
My The False Prince Pre-Reading

Paul's The False Prince Review

Synopsis: A kingdom teetering on the brink of destruction. A king gone missing. Who will survive? Find out in the highly anticipated sequel to Jennifer A. Nielsen's blockbuster The False Prince!

Just weeks after Jaron has taken the throne, an assassination attempt forces him into a deadly situation. Rumors of a coming war are winding their way between the castle walls, and Jaron feels the pressure quietly mounting within Carthya. Soon, it becomes clear that deserting the kingdom may be his only hope of saving it. But the further Jaron is forced to run from his identity, the more he wonders if it is possible to go too far. Will he ever be able to return home again? Or will he have to sacrifice his own life in order to save his kingdom?

The stunning second installment of The Ascendance Trilogy takes readers on a roller-coaster ride of treason and murder, thrills and peril, as they journey with the Runaway King!

Why?: I read and really enjoyed The False Prince a while ago, and I've been wanting to continue this series ever since. I just never had the time - until now! I've finally gotten my hands on a copy, and I'm anxious to find out what's next for Jaron. Why is deserting his kingdom the only way to save it? Is he ever able to return? 

Expectations: Since I enjoyed The False Prince so much, I have pretty high expectations for The Runaway King. It seems like the stakes are even higher in this book, and I'm so excited for that! 

Judging a book by its cover: I'm so glad this cover matches the first one, and I love the colors of it. It looks like I would expect a fantasy book for audiences to look, so I'm not sure if it would stand out amongst all of the others. But I would probably pick it up based solely on the cover anyway, because I'm a sucker for a good fantasy book!


--Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment