Friday, March 14, 2014

Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer - Paul's Pre-Reading

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3)

Author: Marissa Meyer
Year Published: 2014

My The Little Android (#2.5) Review
My Scarlet (#2) Review
My The Queen's Army (#1.5) Review
My Cinder (#1) Review

Ashley's The Little Android (#2.5) Review
Ashley's Scarlet (#2) Review
Ashley's The Queen's Army (#1.5) Review
Ashley's Cinder (#1) Review


Synopsis: 
Rapunzel’s tower is a satellite. She can’t let down her hair—or her guard. 


In this third book in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles series, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army. 


Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker—unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice. 


When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can.


----------------------------------------------------------------

Why?: I have absolutely loved this series so far. It always reminds me of a Joss Whedon production. There are so many interesting characters and I'm loving how the main cast keeps increasing. I pre-ordered this book and because of work am only getting around to it now. I am so ready for this book. 


Expectations: I'm expecting a more ensemble feel in this book since a third main character is going to be introduced. I'm hoping for a very interesting retelling that plays off of the fairy tale, but in a completely original way. There's only one more book after this one so I am expecting the ending to leave me with so much momentum. I'm excited to see Thorne's interactions with Cress and I think we meet Winter in this one as well. 


Judging a book by its cover: I love how simple these covers are. There's always a red element that relates to the original fairy tale. I also am still a fan of the title font. 



--Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment