Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Mind Games (Mind Games #1) by Kiersten White - Ashley's Pre-Reading

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: Mind Games (Mind Games #1)
Author: Kiersten White
Year Published: 2013

Synopsis: 
Fia was born with flawless instincts. Her first impulse, her gut feeling, is always exactly right. Her sister, Annie, is blind to the world around her—except when her mind is gripped by strange visions of the future. 


Trapped in a school that uses girls with extraordinary powers as tools for corporate espionage, Annie and Fia are forced to choose over and over between using their abilities in twisted, unthinkable ways…or risking each other’s lives by refusing to obey.

In a stunning departure from her New York Times bestselling Paranormalcy trilogy, Kiersten White delivers a slick, edgy, heart-stoppingly intense psychological thriller about two sisters determined to protect each other—no matter the cost.

Why?: Well, honestly, this was available to read for free for a weekend on EpicReads' website, so I figured I would give it a chance. It sounds really interesting - two sisters with vastly different powers who are forced to used them or else risk each other's lives? It sounds really intense and like it will be a roller coaster of emotions, and like something right up my alley. 

Expectations: I haven't read anything by Kiersten White, so I'm not sure what to expect. This sounds vastly different from her other books though, so I don't think that would have helped very much anyway! Based on the synopsis, I except a fast-faced thriller with a fantasy edge to it and a school kind of like the one in X-Men only all-female and with more limited powers. 

Judging a book by its cover: I really like this cover. It kind of has a digital feel to it, and I love how the girl's face is over all of it. I like the colors and the way her blue eyes and her pink lips pop, and I think it would definitely stand out on a shelf. The title is really simple too, which is nice with such a busy cover. I would probably pick it up if I saw it in a store. 


--Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment